It is the cancer that starts in the prostate gland. The prostate is a small walnut-like structure that is part of the male reproductive system. This organ surrounds the urethra, the tube that carries the urine out of the body.
Causes of prostate cancer
Prostate malignancy is the most widely recognized reason for growth demise in men more than 75 years old. This sort of growth is once in a while found in men more youthful than 40 years old.
Individuals who are most at hazard include:
- Dark men, who are likewise more inclined to have this disease at any age.
- Men more than 60 years.
- Men who have a father or sibling with prostate tumor.
Other individuals at hazard include
- Men who have been presented to Agent Orange.
- Men who drink excessively liquor.
- Men who expend an eating routine rich in fat, particularly creature.
- Hefty men.
- Tire plant specialists.
- Men who have been presented to cadmium.
Prostate growth is less basic in individuals who don’t eat meat (veggie lovers).
A typical issue in all men as they age is augmentation of the prostate. This is called considerate prostatic hyperplasia or BPH. This issue does not raise your danger of prostate disease. In any case, it might raise the blood test result for prostate-particular antigen (PSA)
Symptoms of prostate cancer
Prostate cancer, like a large part of malignant tumors, is not going to cause any noticeable alteration by the patient in the early stages of the disease.
They are tumors that evolve slowly and normally the symptomatology will appear in later stages of the process.
- Local symptoms that may occur in prostate cancer are as follows:
- Urinary urgency: urinary urgency or even involuntary loss of urine.
- Increased frequency of urination, both by day and night (nocturia).
- Dysuria: pain and itching during urination (painful urination).
- Delay in the onset of micturition and decrease in the force of the miccional jet or intermittency of the same.
- Sometimes the urethra is obstructed by the tumor and urinary retention (obstruction) occurs.
- Posterior drip.
- Feeling incomplete emptying of the bladder.
- Breast growth or pain.
Although rare, germ cell tumors can cause breast enlargement (gynecomastia) or pain in the breasts. This is because this type of tumor can secrete high amounts of a hormone called HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) that favors the growth of the breasts.
A subtype of tumor called Leydig cell tumor can produce estrogens (female sex hormones), which can cause breast growth and loss of sexual desire. The latter in children can cause signs of puberty at an abnormally early age, such as deeper voice and facial and body hair growth.
There are some general symptoms that usually appear in the more advanced stages of the disease, such as loss of weight or appetite, localized bone pain, anemia, edemas (swelling) in the lower limbs and renal failure that usually appear in the advanced stages of the illness.
If you notice any of the above symptoms, you should go to your doctor to perform the necessary tests and make a diagnosis as soon as possible.
Remember that these symptoms can also appear associated with benign diseases.
Before assuming that you have a serious illness, wait until you know the result of the tests.